Things You Didn't Know About the Liver
There are at least 561 known functions of the liver. Here are a few:
- Converts food into energy.
- The average weight is 3 1/2 pounds.
- Converts beta-carotene into vitamin A.
- Filters and discards estrogen from the bloodstream. However, a weak or toxic liver is not always able to do so. The mutated estrogen goes back to do its job, but cannot function properly, so it causes problems in the bones, breast, uterus, and ovaries. So although the part of the body has the symptoms, the issue usually originates within the liver.
- periodic discomfort in the right side
- poor night vision.
It is important to note that a stressed liver will over-produce cholesterol. Cholesterol medicine is designed to slow down the function of the liver so it will produce less cholesterol, but it ends up slowing down all its functions.
Also, often before there are symptoms, the liver is both toxic and weak.
Some herbal recommendations to put your liver back in balance are*:
- Liver Cleanse – The first choice. It cleanses and restores liver function if having hormonal induced problems.
- Chinese Mood Elevator – Cirrhosis, strengthens the liver.
- Chinese Liver Balance – Liver stress and inflammation.
- Gall Bladder Formula – Soothes bloating and gas supports the liver and stimulates function.
- Milk Thistle Combination – Detoxifies and builds liver.
- Cascara Sagrada – Encourages increased secretion of bile.
- Dandelion – Nourishes the liver and purifies the blood.
- Fennel – Contains potassium, sulfur, and sodium.
- Safflowers – Aids sluggish liver.
- Saw Palmetto – Cleanses bacteria in the liver.
- White Oak Bark – Helps prevent infection. Normalizes liver function.
- Yellow dock – Used to support the liver during hepatitis.
*To order the listed products, go to our website at http://www.naturesfinestnutrition.com/. From there, click "Nature's Sunshine Products" to begin placing your purchase or continue to our website for other contact/purchasing information.