Winter, Probiotics, and Acidophilus Plus
With winter comes brisk weather, weakened immune systems, and sickness. Since eighty percent of your immune health lies in the gut, it only makes sense to ensure you give your gut the best nutrition you can, especially during these cold, chilly months. Probiotics take the top spot on a list of supplements for gut health. There are lots of them out there, lining the shelves of pharmacies and supplement stores, but only one will give you the full nutritional support you need.
GNLD’ S ACIDOPHILUS PLUS™
GNLD’s supplement of beneficial bacteria, Acidophilus Plus, combines potency with technology to guarantee that live microorganisms survive the stomach acid and reach the intestine to deliver viable organisms to support optimal digestive and colon health.
- Each capsule is filled with five billion live microorganisms—as many as in 10 servings of yogurt—all in one daily serving!
- You receive beneficial bacteria isolated from cultured dairy foods, so you get the benefits without the extra calories from these foods.
- Acidophilus Plus provides an exclusive blend of five types of clinically proven lactic acid-producing bacteria: lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus bulgaricus, lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum,and streptococcus thermophilus.
- The exclusive Gel-Gard enteric protection system guarantees delivery by protecting against harsh stomach acid and ensuring that maximum numbers of live bacteria are delivered in the intestine.
Exclusive Gel-Gard Enteric Protection System Guarantees Delivery of Beneficial Cultures
This technology involves wrapping the bacteria in a special gel-forming polysaccharide, which is insoluble in acidic conditions of the stomach. This is then enclosed in a gelatin capsule. When the capsule reaches the stomach, it dissolves and the contents of the capsule form an insoluble matrix called Gel-Gard.
HOW PROBIOTICS WORK FOR YOU:
- synthesize b-vitamins
- lower levels of toxic/mutagenic compounds
- reduce the risk of colon cancer
- promote long-term colon health
- produce enzymes to digest lactose
- improve lactose intolerance
- strengthen innate immunity
- reduce food allergy symptoms in children
- keep “bad” bacteria in check
- prevent travelers’ diarrhea
- control irritable bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: CAN I TAKE ACIDOPHILUSPLUS™ IF I AM LACTOSE INTOLERANT?
A: Yes. Probiotics in Acidophilus Plus, though derived from cultured dairy foods, are purified so that the amount of lactose remaining is insignificant to create any undesirable effects in lactose-intolerant individuals.
In fact, lactobacilli are capable of producing lactase, an enzyme that helps break down lactose and helps the digestion of these foods.
Q: DO I NEED TO TAKE ACIDOPHILUS PLUS IF I CONSUME DAIRY PRODUCTS?
A: Some, but not all, dairy products contain live, active cultures and many are sold suggesting that they are beneficial for our health. Most of these are fresh products requiring refrigeration, and there is considerable doubt as to how many of the live bacteria actually survive in the stomach acid. Taking Acidophilus Plus guarantees that a significant number of live beneficial bacteria are delivered to the intestine.
Q: THE PRODUCT LABEL SAYS ACIDOPHILUS PLUS CONTAINS STREPTOCOCCUS. ISN’T THAT THE HARMFUL BACTERIA RESPONSIBLE FOR CAUSING STREP THROAT?
A: No. Some good bacteria have names that sound like bad bacteria. Streptococcus refers only to the shape of the bacterium and has nothing to do with its ability to promote health or cause disease. (strept means “twisted” and coccus means “round.”) Streptococcus thermophilus—the species included in Acidophilus Plus—has been safely used for centuries to produce cultured dairy products. The bacterial species associated with causing strep throat is streptococcus pyogenes.
Q: DOES ACIDOPHILUS PLUS NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED PRIOR TO OPENING THE BOTTLE?
A: Although not necessary, keeping Acidophilus Plus refrigerated prior to opening the bottle may further increase the shelf life of the product. It must be refrigerated after opening the bottle to ensure the potency of the beneficial cultures.
Q: CAN CHILDREN USE ACIDOPHILUS PLUS?
A: Yes. Anyone who can safely swallow the Acidophilus Plus capsule can take the product and enjoy its benefits.
Have any other questions? Want to place an order? Contact us by phone at (423) 899-8422 or by email email@example.com. Or feel free to check us out on our website or on our Facebook page. We hope to hear from you soon!
We do not directly or indirectly give medical advice or prescribe through alternative treatment. We recommend that people contact their doctor if they need a medical diagnosis. We assume no responsibility if anyone decides to use this information, which is of historical value, for they are choosing to prescribe for themselves. Healing is sometimes a slow process, and we suggest that you do not stop taking any medications without the guidance of a doctor.
Acidophilus Plus. "http://us.gnld.com/en-us/product/NeoLifeNutritionals/All/AcidophilusPlus"