Himalayan Salt vs. Table Salt: Which is Better?
While many people are aware that regular table salt is bad for you, they assume all other salts must be, too. That’s simply not true. Pink Himalayan salt has a plethora of health benefits and a great flavor, too. Below are some benefits of the pink Himalayan salt above some health concerns that arise from table salt consumption.
- slows the aging process
- aids digestion & absorption of nutrients
- improves respiratory & sinus health
- regulates water levels within the body
- strengthens bones
- eases arthritis, gout, & rheumatism
- balances pH levels, particularly in the brain
- promotes healthy sleep patterns
- reduces muscle soreness
- creates healthy libido
- maintains healthy blood sugar & blood pressure levels
- detoxifies the body
- is rich in minerals, containing 84 in total
WHEREAS TABLE SALT:
increases risk of developing stones in the kidneys and gallbladder
- cannot be digested by the body
- turns into sodium chloride, which the body doesn't recognize and see as an invader
- leads to weight gain
- causes cellulite
- is linked to arthritis, gout, and rheumatism
- raises the risk of developing osteoporosis
- increases the risk of heart disease or stroke
- pulls water from the bloodstream, and hence causes thirst
- contains no nutrients
- can accumulate in the blood and weaken arteries
- builds up in the body where it can cause nerve damage.
When it comes to deciding which salt to use, the answer is pretty simple. Why use one that merely harms your body, when you can use one that will benefit it instead?
At Nature's Finest Nutrition, we carry a high-quality Pink Himalayan Salt at a very reasonable price.
To order or contact us with other questions, call us at (423) 899-8422 or contact us by email (email@example.com), or feel free to check us out on our website or on our Facebook page. We hope to hear from you soon!
We do not directly or indirectly give medical advice or prescribe through alternative treatment. We recommend that people contact their doctor if they need a medical diagnosis. We assume no responsibility if anyone decides to use this information, which is of historical value, for they are choosing to prescribe for themselves. Healing is sometimes a slow process, and we suggest that you do not stop taking any medications without the guidance of a doctor.
Maria Danne. “What Are the Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt?” No date. Updated 08 June, 2014.http://www.livestrong.com/article/26690-health-benefits-himalayan-salt/ Accessed 05 March, 2014.
Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM. “The Benefits of Himalayan Salt.” Published 15 May, 2009. Updated 31 July, 2014.<http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/himalayan-crystal-salt-benefits/ > Accessed 05 March, 2014.
Dr. Joseph Mercola. “The 13 Health Benefits of Himalayan Crystal Salt, the Purest Salt on Earth” No date.<http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/ > Accessed 05 March, 2014.