The Secret to Stronger Hair, Skin & Nails
Nature's Sunshine's HSN-W contains two of the richest sources of silica known in the plant kingdom—dulse and horsetail. Silica is converted by the body into calcium to improve the strength and flexibility of body tissues. It also improves skin tone and sheen. Sage acts as a powerful antioxidant and preserves the integrity of body tissues. Rosemary adds additional antioxidant protection. More historical benefits of the herbs are as follows.
- Richest plant source of silica
- Reduces white spots on nails
- Soothes acne, burns, &wounds
- Fights athlete’s foot
- Anti-inflammatory & antibacterial
- Smooths dry, cracked heels
- Aids bone rebuilding after breaks or fractures
- Nourishes & strengthens hair, skin & nails
- Rich in iodine
- Helps energy metabolism
- High in omega-3s
- Nourishes thyroid health
- Contains 34x the potassium of a banana
- Assists memory function
- Promotes healthy skin
- Rich in iron
- Protects vision
- Fights cancer
- Strengthens small blood vessels
- Provides antioxidant activity
- soothes inflammation
- fights cancer-causing free radicals
- supports respiratory health
- boosts memory
- promotes healthy skin
- reduces acne & eczema
What about Biotin?
Part of the B vitamin complex, Biotin has been used by many men and women to thicken and grow their hair (skin and nails, too). However, there are no published scientific studies proving the effectiveness of biotin supplementation. Silica, as found in HSN-W, has been shown to strengthen and thicken hair in several studies.
We do not directly or indirectly give medical advice or prescribe through alternative treatment. We recommend that people contact their doctor if they need a medical diagnosis. We assume no responsibility if anyone decides to use this information, which is of historical value, for they are choosing to prescribe for themselves. Healing is sometimes a slow process, and we suggest that you do not stop taking any medications without the guidance of a doctor.