7 Natural Ways to Increase Energy
Whether you suffer from adrenal fatigue, or you are just exhausted because you’re not getting enough sleep, we all need a boost in our energy levels! Before you reach for the energy drink or third cup of coffee, stop, and read the natural ways you can boost your energy without sacrificing your health.
Improve Sleep Quality. If you are having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, this can cause you to feel more exhausted during the day. Even if you can’t achieve 8 hours of sleep a night, your quality of sleep should be a top priority. Ways that you can increase your quality of sleep:
- Keep a consistent sleep schedule; wake up and go to sleep at the same time every day. Doing so will help regulate your internal body clock.
- Eliminate caffeine after 3 p.m. because the effects can last up to 12 hours.
- write out what stress you are feeling and what is keeping you up at night.
- Herbs. There are herbs that will help boost energy and combat low energy in both males and females. Incorporating the following herbs into your daily diet could help you feel less exhausted, more focused, and calmer:
- Stay Hydrated. It’s important to drink at least 1/2 your body weight in oz every day.
- Exercise Daily. Incorporating regular exercise into your routine will actually boost your energy and enhance your overall health.
- Peppermint Oil. infusing peppermint oil or even inhaling it will help stimulate your mind and increase your focus.
- Vitamin B12. Vitamin B is known as the energy vitamin and supports energy production and keeps blood cells happy and healthy.
- Vegetable Juice. Drinking fresh vegetable juice can be a shock to your body – in a good way. It gives you an instant boost of energy, which makes it a wonderful replacement for your energy drink or mid-afternoon coffee